A goal of the Morgantown Town Council is to provide the residents of our community with a safe and healthy environment. We have embarked on some major projects to help make Morgantown a better and safer place for today and tomorrow. 2016 Projects included:
- 1 million dollar OCRA/SRF grant coupled with 1 million dollar financing from the State Revolving Fund for a 2 million dollar investment in the Morgantown Water Utility. This water project is to replace water lines and install valves for better water flow. A new water tower is part of this project and replaces the 85 year old tower.
- 1 million dollar OCRA grant project to improve the Storm Water system specifically to address the major standing water problems on Pine Street, Park Street, Church Street and Mulberry Streets.
- $82,500 grant plus matching town funds for a total $165,000 paving project for the town streets.
- New blue and white reflective street signs at every intersection.
- Working to make Highway 135 and Highway 252 as the Hoosier Hills Scenic Byway.
- Community wide clean-up that removed 17 tons of trash.